Under Title 5 of the Kremmling Municipal Town Code, a Business License is required for any person who is engaged in business in the Town. If engaged in two or more separate places by one person, a separate license for each place of business is required. Additionally, if two or more separate businesses are conducted on the same premises, a separate license for each business is required.
Per Senate Bill 22-032, The Town of Kremmling can no longer charge a fee for a business license for a business with no physical presence or only has an incidental physical presence within the Town of Kremmling. A physical presence is defined as "performing or providing services or selling, leasing, renting, delivering or installing tangible personal property for storage, use or consumption in the local taxing jurisdiction."
Physical presence includes any of the following activities:
- Directly or indirectly by a subsidiary maintaining a building, store, office, salesroom, warehouse or other place of business within the local jurisdiction;
- Sending one or more employees, agents, or commissioned salespersons into the local jurisdiction to solicit business, to install, assemble, repair, service or assist in the use of its products or for demonstration or other reasons;
- Maintaining one or more employees, agents or commissioned salespersons on duty at a location within the local taxing jurisdiction;
- Engaging in activities within the taxing jurisdiction that are subject to other business, fire, zoning or other regulations of the local jurisdiction; or
- Being subject to taxable privileges other than the requirements to collect sales tax imposed by the local taxing jurisdiction.
If your business does not have a physical presence or has an incidental physical presence in the Town of Kremmling, we kindly request that you still return the renewal with any updated information for community development, recruitment and retention. The Town of Kremmling is a statutory community and the Colorado Department of Revenue collects sales-tax on our behalf. A business license is the only opportunity we have to know what types of commerce we have in Kremmling. This information is very helpful for economic development efforts the Town embarks.
The renewal application and $50.00 fee for a business with a physical presence within the Town of Kremmling and is due to the Town Clerk on or before January 31st of each year.
The annual business license renewal fee is $50.00. If you provide proof of membership with the Kremmling Area Chamber of Commerce along with your application, the fee is $20.00.